I love coconut yogurt, but I lately it’s been breaking the bank for me. This recipe is super tasty and will save you tons if you’re a fanatic like myself. It’s truly as easy as mixing two ingredients! This particular version is super creamy and rich, which makes it a great topping for smoothies, breakfast bowls, and whatever else you can think up (check out this pumpkin loaf I topped it on)If you’re looking for a lighter option, try mixing up the coconut milk you’re working with. For instance, a reduced fat or regular can of coconut will yield thinner results. I’d love to hear some feedback on this one if you decide to do so! You can also use different brands and probiotics, these are just some of my favorite.
- Two capsules of Nature’s Sunshine Probiotic 11
- 1 can of Trader Joe’s Full Fat Coconut Cream
Empty can of coconut cream into a large glass bowl. Whip for a minute or two until consistent with a whisk. Empty both probiotic capsules into the cream and whisk again until thoroughly distributed. Empty mixture into a mason jar or small glass container. Cover with a thin dish towel to allow air out and in, while still blocking bugs. Fasten container with a rubber band. Let the mixture sit on the counter for 24-48 hours depending on how tangy you like it. I did 48 hours because I like more of robust yogurt taste. Refrigerate after the time is up to let thicken and chill. Enjoy!
Nourishing with Intention
- Probiotics are the ultimate gut-health supplement. They provide good bacteria to boost immunity, digestive function and fight foodborne illnesses.
- Coconut cream helps lower blood sugar and provides energy.
- Coconut cream for a thinner coconut milk
- Probiotic 11 for a different brand
As always, questions are welcome!