Gluten-Free Pancakes with Oat Flour
I have tried to make my own gluten-free pancake mix for years now. I’m not talking about those banana-egg-protein pancakes. I shouldn’t even say pancakes, I’m sorry, they’re just not. I’m talking about fluffy little clouds of heaven. The other day all I had on me was oats, as they’re inexpensive and I don’t always keep nut flours stocked. So, I decided to search for a recipe with minimal ingredients that would yield in traditional pancakes…and boy, did I find it.
This recipe has been adapted from The Food Prepper, the genius behind the initial recipe I found! The small changes I made to these help fight inflammation and keep your gut in check, all while tasting like pancakes from your childhood.
Here are the deets:
- 1 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 tsp. coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 cup plant or nut milk
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil (I used Chosen Foods)
- 2 eggs (I used Vital Farms)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Blend your oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and coconut sugar in a high-speed blender until a fine flour is formed
- Add all wet ingredients to your blender along with the flour mixture
- You may need to scrape down the sides/ make sure there are no flour clumps
- Heat up a small amount of avocado oil in a non-stick skillet and wait about 2-5 mins for the batter to rise a little and start to bubble from the baking powder
- Add about 1/3 cup batter to the heated pan
- Cook each side on high for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy!
*Pro Tip* Enjoy these pancakes topped with some homemade 2 ingredient blueberry compote or raspberry jam!
*Weird Tip* The first pancake always comes out a little botched. Sometimes you just have to get past it and keep cooking! I mainly think this is from not letting the batter sit long enough or the pan not being hot enough.
- I have tried these with flax eggs as a vegan sub and it simply does not work. If you try any other alt-eggs let me know! I’d love to hear 🙂