Coconut Cacao Date Shake
If you follow along with my Instagram stories you probably already know this smoothie has been on repeat. It literally tastes like a chocolate coconut milkshake and I’m 100% okay with that. I added a couple adaptogens to mine to balance stress, anxiety, and hormones, and I can’t taste them at all! (ashwagandha typically has a very bitter taste) This particular smoothie is topped with my homemade coconut yogurt, local bee pollen + shelled hemp seeds.
Here ya go!
- 1/2 cup frozen coconut meat (I got mine at Trader Joe’s)
- 1-2 large handfuls of spinach
- 2-3 pitted medium-large Medjool dates (depending on your sweetness preference)
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1-2 heaping tablespoons of raw almond butter
- almond milk (I never measure, I just fill the blender up to the halfway point of the ingredients)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbs. cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp. maca
- 1/2 tsp. ashwagandha
- 1/2 tsp. L-Glutamine
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until everything is properly mixed. Pour and enjoy!
Nourishing with Intention
- Coconut meat contains many vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. It also contains a healthy dose of daily fiber.
- Spinach is full of iron and vitamins.
- Dates add a natural sweetness and provide energy.
- Collagen peptides are great for gut-health and contain protein.
- Almond butter is a healthy fat and source of protein.
- Almond milk has calcium.
- Cinnamon is a warming herb that also wards off sugar cravings.
- Cacao has antioxidants and provides energy.
- Maca and Ashwagandha are both adaptogens that ease stress and anxiety.
- L-Glutamine has the possibility to rebuild and repair the GI tract.
- Omit collagen peptides if vegan
As always, questions are welcome!