In honor of March being National Women’s Month, I only found it fitting to share a hormone balancing breakfast recipe. It’s warming on the digestive system and packed full of regulating nutrients. Whether you’re an adaptogen pro or new to the game, Maca is one of the most popular hormone-regulating tools. Like all adaptogens, it’s responsible for creating homeostasis in the body. I also love this recipe because there are zero added sugars! Hello, healthy blood sugar levels.
With all of the excess man-made estrogen in the environment, using my silicone Stasher bag to prep this makes it hormone-friendly. It’s so easy to create a plastic-free home with tools like these.
- 1 cup oats or alternative hot cereal blend
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp. maca powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. milled flax seed
- pumpkin seeds + extra cinnamon to garnish
- Prep overnight oats by mixing 1 cup of old-fashioned oats with flax seed and 1 cup almond milk and store in an airtight container in the fridge. Let sit until morning!
- Either the night before or the morning of, peel, dice, and steam sweet potatoes in a 1/2 gallon Stasher bag until soft to the touch.
- Add steamed sweet potatoes to a blender with cinnamon, maca, and a touch of almond milk. Blend on high for about a minute or until a smooth puree is formed.
- Top overnight oats with the maca sweet potato mixture, pumpkin seeds, and extra cinnamon.
- Enjoy hot or cold!
*This post was written for Stasher Bag*